Sunday, November 6, 2016

Night Owls for the Holmes Family


"My family first became involved with Night Owls at Parkside when my twin daughters were in kindergarten. This was the year Night Owl after-school program was offered.
A letter was sent home asking families to reply if they were interested in participating in such a program. I immediately filled out the form and sent it back. I knew it was going to be a good program, and I was right.

Each day of the program (back then it was nightly), my daughters would go to the school cafeteria for help with their homework. Not only did they get help with their homework from teachers, but they finished their homework before they ever arrived home, so that when they arrived home, we had time for family and extracurricular activities.

My daughters stayed in Night Owls all the way through Parkside. Although they were good students who received help with their school work from their dad and I at home, having extra help from teachers at school was unquestionably a benefit. Night Owls also helped establish good study habits - they learned early on that every day as soon as school was over, they immediately did their assigned homework.

The foundations laid by Night Owls and the teachers at Parkside Elementary School were an important part in helping my daughters realize their maximum potential as students. In May 2015, my twin daughters graduated as the co-valedictorians of Lawrenceville High School. Their dad and I couldn’t have been prouder. Thank you to Night Owls for helping make that happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment